Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Reflecting



We had news on Monday that a man from our church 
had passed away. 




He leaves behind a a 14 year old daughter that still lives at home.
He has several other children but they are all grown men and women and
live in the mid west. 
He also leaves behind his terminally ill wife who the daughter took care of much of the time. 

I just can't stop thinking about this girl. 

She is Sara's age. 


We just never NEVER know what God has planned for
our lives. 
We just can't seem to imagine how it will all 
work for HIS good. 
(but it will) 

I have been through enough circumstances in my life to 
realize that God's plans are not my plans, 
but yet they always are the best plans. 

I know that this is something people say all the time, 
Maybe it has become Cliche' but 
it is the truth. 

Life is short and fleeting. 
we are only here for a very very small amount of time. 
We need to remember to have faith through all circumstances 
and seasons of our lives. 






This little girl who just lost her Father. and essentially lost her mother years ago, 
She is still blessed. 
She is strong in her faith. 
She still can turn to her loving Father
and know he only has plans to prosper and not harm. 




For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
Jeremiah 29:11



I LOVE this verse. 
It is one I have to go back to a lot. 



* sara and her friend took these pictures. 
when I was looking thru  Iphoto today I happened upon them.  


2 comments:

Paul said...

Amen

Contemplating Beauty said...

they are fun sweet pics and go with your post so well. that is just devastating about that husband/father dying, and that his wife is ill:( His poor poor daughter, i'm so sorry i can see how this would rock you amy.

we never do know--but we know that God's got us either way.

thanks for such a beautiful post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...