I have to tell you that I can't even believe just how excited and thrilled I am that I have reached across and touched the United Kingdom! So thank you to the 2 readers from across the ocean! I would love for you to leave some sort of comment or become a follower of my blog. I know I know that sounds like an odd request but it would mean so very much to me : ) Pleeeeze. (must I beg) It is easy. Really. Just click be a follower..... I have none yet. Be the first!
Well, anyway that is my exciting life. ( I am so easily amused)
So I finished the kitchen for Madelyne! Alright! YAY! It took me longer then expected (what doesn't) I would do a few things differently if I ever make one again. My husband (who likes to remain anonymous on this blog) helped me with the big guns (ie Table saw/ Miter saw/ Jigsaw) I guess he likes all my appendages..... hehe. I was so anxious to begin this project (impatient is more like it) I did a few things wrong. I am willing to try again if anyone wants me to make one. It was fun. I got my inspiration from here, Vintage Songbird.
Before.... UGLY (sorry if any of you have this)
I removed all the knobs and plastic veneer trim.
I paid $15 at a thrift store. ( my husband told me that was to much)
I didn't relize at the time that it is plastic on the outside of it. Made it hard for the paint to stick so I ended up (after painting it several times to use a spray paint intended for plastic)
I have to find some more little hooks and also something to hang on the Left side next to the shelf. I am going to try and find a little clock.
Thanks to my Aunt Bee who I "borrowed" the bowl to make the sink. The burners are blank CD's.
I sewed up the little curtain, pot holders & oven mitts and towel
The little drawer front my husband removed all the inner working's of the drawer. We put hinges on it and it pulls open like an oven door. We also removed the bottom drawer where the curtain is so she can store the food and play things in there.
This side was supposed to be the chalkboard. After several attempts at spraying it over and over I gave up it kept scratching and wouldn't work so I painted it white.
I decided to paint the back with the chalkboard paint. Here is our budding artist. (She told me that was her name she drew)