Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Birthday's


Isn't she a beauty : )




Wow! Things just have a way of working out (when you try being patient and let them) that is.
Well we went and picked up the piano yesterday for Sara (on her bday) She came home from school and there it sat in the living room. I may have been more excited then she was... It was a lovely day. My little girl turned 11. How come every year seems to go faster? I can't help but think that time is just soaring right past me. I wish that we could just grab it to slow it down a bit.
I reminisce (every year that Sara's b day comes) what a beautiful gift this child is to me. God really gives us just what we need just when we need it. I am a true believer in this. The long details of my life surrounding the birth of Sara were not easy ones. IN fact if I told them to you, You just may not believe me... I will not get into the nitty gritty but my marriage was not in a good place for the later part of my pregnancy and 2 weeks after she was born my husband walked out on us. (yes, same husband as i have now) ((that is another day....if you know what I mean)) So here I am with a newborn and a 5 year old. Never having been on my own a day in my life. Get the picture. Doesn't look so promising. But I put my eyes upon the Lord. He got me thru it. Successfully. It wasn't always easy. It was downright hard, but I did it. Only because I trusted the Lord.
God, just blessed me with Sara. She got me thru each day. (so did Emily) Sara gave me reason to get up and live. She was the easiest baby. Her birth was as well. It was all a beautiful gift to me from God. So I take time to remember what God did for me every year on her birthday. Enjoy your children. They are truly gifted to us.

By the way, I don't want anyone to think that I didn't bake my girl a cake on her bday... ( you can clearly see in the top photo that I purchased angel food cake.) She loves this so I prepared strawberries macerated with a little oj and sugar, & lots of freshly whipped cream. Yum. We usually go out for dinner on bdays. We stayed in and I cooked. I made french onion soup,(which took about 4 hours to whip that up) London Broil, yummy baked potatoes rubbed with kosher salt and oil so the skins are delish!!! and brussel spouts roasted with lemon and then finished in the pan with butter and lardons. YUM! (Em loved those, Sara not so much) : ) I even set the table with candles. It was very lovely! Sara thought so too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...