Saturday, June 12, 2010

Life unexpected





Life Unexpected

Has your life ever taken a turn that was completely unexpected? Well, My life seems to be twisting and turning all over the place. IN crazy directions and I am trying to keep up. I think that Robert Frost Says exactly what I am feeling. So I will let him. 

Robert Frost (1874–1963).  Mountain Interval.  1920.
1. The Road Not Taken
TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;        5
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,        10
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.        15
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.




















My Aunt gave me this beautiful old water can  this week. It is gorgeous. I wish that you could feel how smooth the handle has become over years and years of use. i has taken on the most amazing patina and I love its shape,  It's curves are breathtaking.. (i know it is only a utilitarian watering can) Sometimes you need to open your eyes to seeing something ordinary in new light. 
 I have also been playing  hard at work with PhotoShop. All I can say is I am feeling very creative. It has opened up my eyes to an entirely new medium. I have to tell you when I purchased this (PS) My husband encouraged me to do so. (not sure why but he did) I went and got it brought it home and felt like I had just thrown away that money. I couldn't even figure out how to import a photo into the program. I seriously thought I would never use this... haha think again. I started to read and I am slowly figuring out how to use it. I stupidly once told someone that it was cheating to edit your pictures.... Sometimes I am a dingbat (see I can admit when I am a moron) I don't think I let anyone see my SOTC (straight out of the camera) anymore.... 


OH well... I am  going to start my day. 
one more thing.... To all my followers (all 13 of you) I began my journey of actually running this week. My goal is to run a  5K in 6 weeks. I have wanted to do this for as long as I could remember. I just couldn't get motivated. SO my husband (being the Marine that he is) encouraged me to just get out there and do it.... Even if I didn't want to.  So thanks Honey ! So I will let you know of my progress.... Here goes nothing! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic





Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

froogal said...

Sometimes it is great to married to a motivator...I say "sometimes", only because I think motivators can also make you crazy, but like your husband my husband bought me my first computer, that cute little strawberry color imac in the late 90's even though I protested that I did not want a computer (waste of money) for an artistic, hands-on crafter person...BOY WAS I WRONG...the first thing I learned was Adobe Photoshop, mostly self taught, and have never looked back, probably one of the most creative ventures I have ever taken on and the best part is that teaching myself how to use it really worked that OTHER side on my brain.

I am sure with a Marine husband your marathon goal will be obtained! Good Luck. Your photos are fantastic.

Bella Della said...

Hi Amy-
Oh gosh, how wonderful to come here for the first time and find that poem. It's a favorite of mine. I had to recite in 6th grade English and I've never forgotten it.

I once thought that editing was cheating too. It so isn't. It's just an extension of the art of photography. And I started my blog to write and fell in love with the pictures. Isn't it exciting to fall in love with something like that? I crave the creativity- the outlet.

Thanks for your visit to BellaDella, by the way. I am delighted you found me and when I leave here I will add you to my blog roll and become a follower.

I can't wait to see what you do with the hankies. They also look beatiful piled in old jars.

Happy to find a new friend...
xo,
Kim
of BellaDella

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...