Friday, June 4, 2010

Spray Paint

















So I am jumping right on that good ol' band wagon. I am L-O-V-E ing spray paint. It is fun to completely transform something to look totally different. and all with a little can filled with paint...

So this wagon was our oldest daughter's, Emily who is going to be 17 next month. (WOOOOOW! I know I look so young to have a 17 year old... hee hee hee hee...)    anyway it went has been well loved by emily and then Sara and now Maddie. Unfortunally the bottom was rusty.... and so she didn't like to sit in it. So being the creative gal that I am... (I totally saw this idea about a year ago on a blog  *  Stop staring and start sewing) I bought me some lovely Ocean Blue spray paint and Voila! Tres Chic. ( I did brush all the dirt and flaking rust off first and then primed it) I finished it off with a coat of clear so it would be shiny. (Clear in a can of course) I am finding I like this no cleaning brushes, very nice. Oh and it dries so fast! it was about 90 something here yesterday so this was completely done in about 1 hour.. yes you read that right!

 Go  find something old &  junky , get yourself  some paint in a can.  Spray away & make it funky....

Okay I'll admit that last sentence was a bit over the top... Oh well. Have a great Friday.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Deidre said...

Thanks for the comment and the encouragement!

I LOVE this idea!!! If I had a metal wagon, I would SO do this! Garage sales, here I come! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...