Monday, March 14, 2011

lovely little bean bags




I have wanted to make a set of bean bags for a while now.

I had purchased a Moda Charm pack when we were in Lancaster.

It suddenly dawned on me. They would be perfect for  little bean bags! 

They were really easy. I also thought it would be cute to put her name on them. 

Since I  am poor and do not own a fabulous  Silhouette... maybe someday. 

I printed out the letters in her name on those fabric sheets that can run right 

through your printer. 


They are pretty cool. (But to expensive.) I found a tutorial where you can make

your own by ironing freezer paper to fabric, cutting it down to size and run it 

through your printer like that. 

Anyway, I zig zagged the letters onto the charm squares and there you have it. 

I filled some with small white lima beans and then i ran out and didn't want to

 go to the store.. All I had in the house were lentils... 


So I used what I had. 

Maddie loves them. 

They are great for working on colors... and Letters. 

Which Maddie being the 3rd child... needs a little help with. Poor Kid. 

lol




linking up to




11 comments:

Diana said...

Very cute idea. I have been thinking of making bean bags too for my grandson but just for something to keep him busy throwing them in the bucket etc. It is still on the thought process LOL This would be a great way to teach him his letters though as we have to do it anyways.

Diana

Amy said...

Diana,

I forgot that she has been throwing them into and at everything! They sew up so quick it is such a fun quick project.

Amy

Jen said...

Love them! The yellow striped fabric is so cute! Another wonderful creation:)

maggie may said...

how darling are these?!
i love it
you really really should make these as gifts.
i wish i was so talented.
i shall live vicariously through your creativity.

Amy said...

Marge,
You could make these. All it is is sewing 2 squares together. YOU CAN DO IT! )

Katie @ minivan diva said...

So so stinkin' adorable. Love them! And I totally get the 3rd child thing. : )

Brigitte said...

A very cute idea and, like you say, a great way to teach their letters :)

Unknown said...

these are so SWEET!
i am gonna make some....lord knows i have enough scrap fabric to make 867 bean bags....thanks for the idea!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

these are ADORABLE! Great job!

Unknown said...

These are so cute. I love them. :)

Unknown said...

Those are so adorable! And what a great idea to add the letters to them. Fabulous!

Thanks for sharing this post at For the Kids Fridays at SunScholars! I'll be posting the next party later tonight. I can't wait to see what you have to share this week!

:)rachel @ SunScholars.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...