Friday, February 1, 2013

Bee

                                I have been a busy little bee... A quilting Bee that is.

This was a commissioned baby quilt. 
Gender neutral and not very much direction except no pink or blue. 

Do you realize how hard it is to work with no direction.
hmm I feel some sort of metaphor coming on...


So every time I sit down to quilt or piece or sew I 
Have God thoughts. 
(anyone else have this) 
I am constantly reminded in my precious sewing moments how 
God works in my life.

This quilt was you, Can Not Work Without Direction
God wants us to have a direction. 
Some path to follow. 
and when we are following that path that He has laid out
Life goes well, Not always easy, but well. 
When we stray and leave the path 
not so good. 

Well I am speaking from my own experience. 
I can not speak for anyone else. 
These are the things I think about while sewing. 
See God even uses those creative times to speak to us. 

anyway back to the quilt. 
I had about 2 weeks to start and complete this quilt. 
I struggled with what to make. 
I choose this vintagey 9 patch set on point. 
with a very scrappy binding. 
I choose some of my favorite 30 and 40's repros. 
and mixed them with some solids.
I set everything in Kona Snow 
I actually LOVE the brown with all those 
colors. 



Bless my husband for quick holding this up for me as he was running out the door for work and I needed to take a photo of it before it left me to go to the owner. 





A happy Gender Neutral baby quilt I think. 
I quilted  it very simply just around the 9 patches. 
I desperately wanted to wash it before giving it to my customer.
I just LOVE the way quilts looked washed up. 
they crinkle and get soft.
They look nothing like they do after you first make them. 
I resisted the urge to wash and just packaged it up and 
sent it out the door. 



Oh the back... 
If you know me, I LOVE LOVE LOVE 
quilt backs.



In act sometimes I love the simplicity of my backs more then the fronts. 
I think it may have to due with the Improvisational Patchwork. 
I am working on my traditional quilting skills because I think they are important
but to me is Joy in the Improv. 
That is another post.... 
 I do have another  Quilt  I made before Christmas for the 
same customer  it was a Queen Size Tshirt 
It came out Awesome if I do say so myself. 
I will have to post pics of that. 


by the way if anyone had told me 5 years ago that  I would be
making and selling quilts and blogging about them... 
I would have told you that was an insanely funny concept and that would never in  a billion years happen to me. 

HAHA. I love LOVE LOVE
when God gives us cool twist and changes and Surprises us 
with things we never thought we were capable of doing. 






2 comments:

Paul said...

Beautiful!!

Jen said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this quilt!!! I really need to get a move on mine... it's just so over whelming to think of all the cutting ahead!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...