Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Give Thanks


Do I really know what that means? To Give Thanks? I think I do. but then,

It is really easy to give thanks when everything is hunky dory, but when things don't look so bright, and it is hard to see the sun (God) shining, it becomes really hard to give thanks. I was reminded about this, from a wise woman the other day. She told me, "you have to focus on the good things" YES that is it. I was allowing myself to be brought down due to the circumstances going on around me. I was not remembering that God is still providing me with all the little things that we think should just be there. Like how about Food, Water, Shelter. When was the last time you thanked The Lord for the glass (or bottle these days) of water you were putting up to your mouth to quench your thirst? I don't do it. I am wrong in that. It is a privilege to have these things... We forget that so easily. Well, I do anyway. So today I will start to remember to just Give Thanks for the tiny things thru out the day. I forget to be thankful for those things and Always am looking to God or the GREAT bug things.
Trust in Him for everything.

For this is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 118:24



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...