Tuesday, November 24, 2009

ice cream in the ...

Have you ever been so tired that you just can't think?

I wanted some Ice cream last night.. ( i know and indulgence that i felt guilty about having after I had it.... ) I never eat ice cream don't really care about it one way or another... My family says I must be adopted.
Anyway, I thought I had gotten up and put it away. Well I did put it away. My husband, Dom, came up to get a drink or something and yelled from the other room, " Amy, you put the ice cream in the fridge!" Oh no can it be true? I did. lol

I lost my coffee the other day too.... Does this mean I am just getting old? Nah, I think it means that I have been so completely busy and pre occupied with other things that my brain can't keep up.

So I thought I would tell you about last night supper. (disaster) I tried to make Chicken Fried Steak. OH MY I can't even tell you how my mouth was watering all day thinking about this supper. I thought about the delicious creamed gravy running over the creamy mashed taters... and the yummy green bean casserole that I had planned to make with it. (it is so generic but it is Thanksgiving week, OKAY) but I digress. I got my steaks out, followed all the steps, egg wash, flour, egg wash, flour, Fry. OK did that.... Burnt the heck out of the roux so the creamed gravy went whizzing out of the picture (down the sink, really) oh no think fast..... I only had some packaged gravy mix (knorr makes good gravy in a pinch) all I had was Au jus.. (not quite the creamy goodness that was supposed to be) Anyway, my husband being a Marine, spent some time down in the southern part of our fine country. "Amy", he says, " You are from New Jersey, you are not supposed to make Chicken Fried steak" he he I thought as the words left his lips and found my ears. Just wait until he taste it, I thought. I still thought it would be delightful at this point. We sat down as a Family to eat, just as we always do, I am always the last to eat being that I serve everyone there food and then I get mine. Emily took one bite, " Mom, whose recipe is this?" I tell her. " Give it back!" she says. LOL It was bad......... everyone ate it. but it really was maybe the worst thing I have ever cooked . To be Cont...

2 comments:

Roger Twimmmmbbbly said...

He-He..."Give it back"
;)

Amy said...

Funny little girl isn't she!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...