Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sewing


I love to sew. For anyone who doesn't know me I have 2 passions in my life. Okay, I guess 3.
1. My Children
2. Photography
3. Sewing

I wish that being organized was on that list .... hee hee


So This is what I have been sewing the past few days. I made these nifty potholders / hot pads Cute right. Well, I think they look bright and happy in my yellow kitchen. Very retro looking.



then I also have been making these little clutch type diaper and wipes case that you can just throw into your purse or backpack when you don't want a huge diaper bag. I also made a changing pad that folds up and goes right behind the clutch.






And finally I have made a couple things for Maddie. I pinafore, a dress inspired by lil blue boo and this robe. Do you know how hard it is to find a robe for a toddler??? So Since I am Cheap
(i mean creative) I didn't want to spend $15 on a pattern I figured it out for myself. I bought a sweatshirt from Target for $8 Cut it up the front / made some bias tape from scrap fabric i had in my stash/ finished the edges of the sleeve's and bottom with a lettuce edge and hammered a snap onto the top.... and presto a toddler robe. Which she really likes.... I should have used a kids Large instead of a Adult small . Oh well. Live and learn.


Lil Blue Boo inspired dress

Pinafore this is fabric that my Mom gave it to me. It was my Great Grandmother's. I had about 2 yards. I didn't know what to do with it. Then I thought this was cute. It looks really cute over jeans with shirt under it.

This is Maddie not letting me take a pic. 2 year olds sometimes don't cooperate for the photo shoot. Well this is the robe.
and yes, she really is that happy all the time. (it's the crazy hair)

2 comments:

Kasey said...

You are so talented. I would love to learn how to sew someday. Great job on all the projects!

Amy said...

well. Thanks so much! But I have to confess.... anyone can sew. I If you can thread the needle on the machine & you can sew a straight line You can sew! You should give it a try!!! Do you own a machine?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...