Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dresdan plate




Well, this is what I have been working on all week. In between shoveling snow and driving kids to school.... So this is going to be a Duvet cover for my down comforter. I am making HUGE 20 inch block 12 of them.... surrounded by beautiful Gee Bends Cream and a pop of Red that goes with the repro 30's fabric perfectly.  Know I realize this is a Lot of work to do for a Duvet... In fact some may call me Crazy.. (we meat a lady named Crazy Amy in Amish Country... seriously) But this is what I really want, so this is what I will make. All it is is a Queen size Quilt Top. Not sandwiched with batting or quilted for that matter. So we shall see what happens. By the way my  husband trys to be encouraging... when I show him each completed dresdan plate he always says the same thing
 "Great Circle, Honey." makes me laugh. 
So these pictures are a bit off, too dark. Took them to late at night. Oh well, you get the idea. 

The End. 









1 comment:

Jen said...

Great circles, hahahaha that is awesome Crazy Amy ;) It looks like you have a bunch of boy's ties in the making.... is that on par with "great circles'?!? I admire your perseverance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...