Thursday, January 27, 2011

simplicity

I had a long post written about sewing and snow days. I got up to make my kids lunch and started to think about my Gramma. She was obsessed with owls. This spoon rest was hers. I think someone made it for her. I dug it out of the archives a few months ago.  It sits on my stove. Whenever I see it I think of her. I miss her a lot these days. 
I know that one day I will see her again. I know that one day we will run around together up in heaven. 
I still miss her. 

3 comments:

Jen said...

She sounds like she was an amazing lady! And it's wonderful to know you will see her again!! I have little reminders of my great aunt Liese(who I loved dearly and was my "Canadian Oma") all over my house! Little things like that can be such a comfort during the harder days of missing them!

Anonymous said...

Thats really very nice blog, I am impressed.i like it this blog keep it up thanks for post: )
I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites website list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think.
really informative Post in this blog i like to read and recommend all my friend to read this blog thanks for share zt-180watch phone zenithinkgpad

Melissa~ said...

What a sweet little spoon rest. I miss my grandmother a lot too. Especially, each year as I get older and think of things I wished I had asked her about.

I *love* your beautiful photos!

Melissa~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...