Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Farmhouse Toddler Bed & Duvet

A while ago I posted that we would be attempting to make Madelyne's new bed The Farmhouse Toddler Bed by Ana White. It was done weeks ago, I just forgot to post shots of it. So we love it. The only thing we had experienced was the crib mattress that we had was bigger then the plans for the bed size.
Being that we are not a read thru the directions before you begin,  (we meaning I) , had to squeeze the mattress in.... oh well, still works. 

I then found a duvet tutorial over at Prudent Baby. Awesome. She did snaps at the end, which I had in my sewing box. It was simple and went together in about 45 min. I really love this fabric! I have had my eye on this Heather Bailey Nicey Jane for ages. So glad that I decided to get this on my trip to Lancaster with Jen. It is so soft and lovely. It reminds me of Vintage sheets. anyway. I   L* O * V * E   it.  I have enough left over to make a little patchwork pillowcase just didn't get to that last night. I will...

So here is all is. The Bed. The Fabric. The Duvet & The Toddler. 








                    yes, I realize this picture is crooked. I was not about to go retake them... Lazy.







1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm so sorry that I didn't comment earlier! I got so flustered when I saw that Pioneer Women was on your blog again! AAAHHHHH! How sad are we? Not at all actually, Ree rocks and better to be her fan than Britney Spears, right?!?
I LOVE everything about this post! The bed, the distressed look of it, the fact that you and your man made it together, the bedding(gorgeous fabric!!), and most of all your baby girl! Love the lion's mane of hair! AND awesome pictures too:) The End.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...