Monday, June 27, 2011

Proverbs


Have you ever read Proverbs? Well, if you haven't go get your BIBLE and crack
her open to the book of Proverbs. 

There are so many truths in that book it is pretty amazing. 
I need to focus on a lot of these... 
How about this one in 
Prov. 27:15-16 A quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping on a rainy day; restraining her is like restraining the wind or grasping oil with the hand.
WOW, a constant dripping.... that sure puts it into a perspective that I hardly ever think about....

I love this one.. Proverbs 10:8 The wise in heart accept commands but a chattering fool comes to ruin. 
Man I certainly can be a chattering fool and a constant dripping at times. 

There are Proverbs on wisdom, patience, money, temper, 
controlling ones tongue (this is the one I need most) 

I need to get into it.. ya know? 
I need to just dive head first into the Word of God. 
Before I do anything else. 

HOW do you start your day? Do you begin it with our Father and His Word? 




Photobucket

2 comments:

Jen said...

LOVE Proverbs! I did a thing a while back where I read one chapter each day as a part of my devotionals, and let me tell you, they were SO applicable the the every day. Thanks, I needed this as a reminder today. I need to do that again, and read my bible more consistently in general.

Laurie J said...

I'm not a morning person (ha! understatement) so when I used to wake up earlier to read the Bible I'd fall right back asleep. Now I strive for my kiddos naptime....it works out better and proverbs is great! my fav verse is prov 3:5-6
<3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...