Tuesday, July 26, 2011

wedding gifts


I am always at a loss of what I should give when it comes to wedding gifts. 
I don't have hundreds of dollars to shell out when we go to weddings. 
So that is out. 

We have a wedding coming up in August. 
I saw this amazing idea on Decor to Adore
and since I don't have hundreds of dollars to shell out
I certainly don't have hundreds of dollars to purchase that. 
So with a little thinking I came up with this. 



I grabbed my trusty vintage dictionary and started to rip pages out. 
I used J and B pages since there names are Jessica and Brian.

Cut a whole bunch of hearts.
Grabbed a letter stamp. 
and some wood grain scrap book paper
(I thought it reminded me of a tree)
You know when you carve out your loved ones name onto a tree...
are you following my thought process here...?

Went to Michael's armed with my coupon... and found a shadowbox that was already 40 off
plus had a 25 off coupon. 

SCORE! 





I LOVE IT! 

I hope they do as well. 



I showed my sister who is going to a wedding on Sat. 
She loved it too. 
She asked if I would mind if she made one.

Mind??? No way, that is the best compliment ever! 

Go Craft. 
or knock someone else's expensive Craft Art off.

the end.



Photobucket




4 comments:

Jen said...

I love how it turned out!! SO amazingly cute! My wedding anniversary is in December..... our wedding was on 27-12-2003.....just sayin' .....

Andrea @ Keepin it Thrifty said...

I agree with Jen...AMAZING...& my anniversary is 5-22-2011 ;) heheh GREAT JOB GIRL!!

Budget Beautiful said...

I like yours better! Great job!

Wedding Favors said...

It is very creative unique idea for wedding gifts !!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...